Desert Terrarium Linear Lamp T8 10.0 UVB
Linear Fluorescent Lamp 10.0 UVB T8 has a very high UVB output similar to that associated with desert environments. Desert locations receive more direct sunlight than any other because of fewer clouds, less air humidity and no plants or trees to provide shade.
Therefore desert reptiles are more exposed to UV radiation than any other type of reptile.
Some of the animals that have a high UVB requirement are bearded dragons, frilled lizards, blue-tongued skinks, agamids and urmoastyx.
These 10.0 UVB lamps are also used by keepers who have dense screen covers over there terrariums that can reduce the UVB penetration by upto 50%.
The linear lamps have a higher output and divide the energy and lighting more efficiently over a larger area and is available in a range of sizes to cater for different size terrariums.
Fluorescent lamps lose their UV radiation and approximately 50% of their lighting output quality within one year.
Changing your terrarium lamp regularly ensures optimal light conditions and UV radiation to keep your reptiles healthy.
- Ideal for all desert dwelling reptiles
- Ultra High UVB output
- Effective up to 50 cm (20”)
- Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
- Recommended for use with screened terrariums; terrariums with dense screen covers (screens can filter out UVB rays)
- Recommended in combination with 2.0 UVB Linear Lamp for a higher visual light output