Tropical Terrarium Linear Lamp T8 5.0 UVB
Linear Fluorescent Lamp 5.0 UVB T8 has a moderate to high UVB output, similar to that of shady environments such as rain forests and other tropical locations.
Reptiles living in these habitats are not exposed to as high UVB levels as desert reptile as less UVB is available to them because of the many climatological conditions including fairly high humidity, changes in weather patterns and shading from the forest canopy that prevent direct sunlight from reaching them or their basking sites.
The linear lamps have a higher output and divide the energy and lighting more efficiently over a larger area and is available in a range of sizes to cater for different size terrariums.
Fluorescent lamps lose their UV radiation and approximately 50% of their lighting output quality within one year.
Changing your terrarium lamp regularly ensures optimal light conditions and UV radiation to keep your reptiles healthy.
- Ideal for all tropical and sub-tropical reptiles
- High UVB output.
- Effective up to 30 cm (12”)
- Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
- Stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behaviour through UVA radiation
- Recommended in combination with 2.0 UVB Linear Lamp for a higher visual light output